Who we are:
Gateway to Hope is a breast cancer lifeline. We envision a day when everyone diagnosed with breast cancer will have the resources and emotional support needed to face this disease. Our mission is simple: We remove barriers to affordable, timely, quality healthcare, empowering people with breast cancer to face the disease and focus on healing.
After encountering countless patients who had delayed treatment because of financial hardship, two St. Louis physicians founded Gateway to Hope. In 2005, the organization began by providing one uninsured/underinsured breast cancer patient per month with comprehensive care donated by their network of more than 100 St. Louis area physicians. Today, Gateway to Hope serves hundreds of low-income women a year across Missouri, St. Louis and Southern Illinois by providing them with financial assistance and emotional support. The women served are able to manage their treatment well, access the care they need, and have superior health outcomes because of their support from Gateway to Hope. The ultimate impact of our work is measured by the health outcomes of women in our region – in particular those who would otherwise lack the resources to access quality care.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to become our new Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, a constant drive for excellence, is detail oriented, a problem solver, and has excellent organizational skills. This position will serve in a multi-faceted capacity as an information and communication manager for each area of the organization and will be responsible for bookkeeping, financial reporting, and accounts payable. Candidate must be able to acquire and disseminate information, and possess critical thinking skills and have the ability to analyze and synthesize data. This is a full-time, exempt position.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide critical financial input and guidance to the senior leadership team to constantly improve the operation and financial condition of the organization
- Bookkeeping and Accounts Payable
- Analyzes and reconciles balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for accurate and timely month-end close; produces month-end actual financial reports
- QuickBooks journal entries
- Conduct frequent account reconciliation
- Record and reconcile vendor invoices through QuickBooks; issue checks for payment or CC
- Prepares month-end journal entries and completes general ledger account reconciliation and analysis
- Respond timely to requests for information/reports
- Maintain accounting ledgers by accurately posting account transactions in QuickBooks
- Reconcile vendor, bank, and credit card accounts
- Data analysis
- Dashboard creation and maintenance supporting the organization’s continuous improvement efforts
- General administrative and clerical support
- Manage office needs, including office supplies and other essentials
- Prepare correspondence and documents
- Coordinate overall administrative activities for the businesses
- Contact company vendors and suppliers as needed
- Scanning for paperless filing system
- Coordinate meetings by preparing agendas and support materials, prepares and distributes minutes and ensure food is provided (if applicable)
- Manage and maintain confidential documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Characteristics & Qualifications:
- Must be experienced with Quick Books Software or equivalent
- Culturally competent and sensitive to the issues facing individuals of all backgrounds
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team
- Passion and enthusiasm for Gateway to Hope’s Mission and Vision
- Strong organizational and communication skills, team orientated philosophy, and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments, while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- High levels of integrity and discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituent groups such as senior management, peers, and outside contacts
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business OR have previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields
To the qualified candidate, we offer:
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans
- Flexibility in working hours
- Basic Life Insurance
- Simple IRA
Some light lifting and filing is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and technology.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt position averaging 35-40 hours per week. Hours of work primarily between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday with additional hours required during special events and mandatory attendance at all official Gateway to Hope events.
Gateway to Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Gateway to Hope believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.