Gateway to Hope Seeks Full-Time Patient Navigator
The Patient Navigator (PN) is part of the Program Team, reporting to the Program Manager. PN will work directly with Gateway to Hope (GTH) patients in the process of evaluation, intake, and monitoring. PN will maintain communication with patients, coordinate financial assistance, and provide emotional support, guidance, and education as needed. PN will work both independently and on a team, collaborating with GTH staff as needed to ensure quality of programs and services. PN will balance multiple responsibilities as part of the Program Team, playing a role in ongoing performance, program, and policy evaluation to improve patient outcomes. PN will demonstrate a positive attitude that embraces opportunities for growth on the team. PN will strive for continuous learning in the fields of oncology, healthcare landscape, and technology.
Primary duties and essential functions
- Field Questions Related to Programs and Services
- Obtain necessary demographic, medical, and financial information and discern financial and emotional needs of each individual
- Provide support to all inquiries, either by referring out to other resources or starting application process for GTH services
- Patient Navigation
- Provide ongoing communication with patients, providing financial assistance based on policies and procedures and emotional support and education as needed
- Serve as advocate for patients, connecting them to available resources
- Maintain all patient data in online system, Salesforce
- Participate in Outreach and Community Engagement
- With Program Team, identify and participate in outreach opportunities to expand reach of GTH program and services
- Participate, as needed, in health fairs, activities, and events to promote GTH awareness in the community
- With Program Team, participate in professional groups and coalitions to further the mission of GTH
- Maintain relationships with referral sources (e.g. social workers, nurses, navigators, etc.)
- Collaborate with providers to ensure patients have access to additional resources
- Participate in Program and Policy Evaluation
- With the Program Manager, provide support for ongoing program evaluation
- With the Program Manager, explore ways to use resources and collaborations to achieve goal of providing highest quality of services in the most efficient way
- Continuous Training and Learning
- Stay up-to-date on new oncology practices and research, medications, and therapies by attending educational meetings and workshops
- Maintain thorough knowledge of health insurance (public and private) policies and procedures
- Maintain thorough knowledge of available resources at the local, state, and national level
- Perform other duties as expected of all GTH staff
Characteristics and Qualifications
- BSW/MSW OR RN/BSN; knowledge of oncology and breast cancer a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Understanding of computer systems and databases; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Excellent written, oral and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Personable, positive team player ready to interact with team members and community members on a regular basis
- Culturally competent and sensitive to the issues facing individuals of all backgrounds
Health Insurance, paid time off, professional membership, association and continuing education, some flexibility in working hours.
Work Environment Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position operates in a professional office environment, as well as in a community context. This position also regularly interacts with community members and patients. Most work hours take place in the office and/or out of the office utilizing technology to achieve goals, while interacting regularly with the entire Gateway to Hope staff.
Some light lifting and filing is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and technology.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a nonexempt position averaging 35-40 hours per week. Hours of work primarily between 9:00AM and 4:00PM, Monday through Friday with additional hours required during special events and mandatory attendance at all official Gateway to Hope events.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Gateway to Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Gateway to Hope believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.