Gateway to Hope Seeks Full-Time Development Assistant
Development Assistant Job Description
The Development Assistant supports the main functions of the development team, playing an important role in ensuring the organization garners the necessary resources to achieve its mission. The Development Assistant assists in the planning and execution of special events, donor stewardship and cultivation, prospect research, management of social media accounts and e-communications, grant support and special projects as needed.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Duties and Essential Functions
- Support Gateway to Hope’s special events including soliciting and collecting auction items, creating program ads, producing event materials, maintaining registration lists, coordinating volunteers and staffing events. Assist with execution of third party events, ensuring they properly represent the Gateway to Hope brand and are successful for both the donor and the organization.
- Assist with donor cultivation, stewardship and gift acknowledgement. This includes some communication with donors and sponsors to maintain strong relationships and ensure continued donations, entering gifts into donor database, producing fundraising reports, thank you letters and directly engaging with donors.
- Manage various communication channels including monthly e-newsletter, print newsletter, social media accounts and website with approved content.
- Conduct prospect research on individual, foundation and corporate donors in support of annual fund, major gift and special campaign goals.
- Assist with grant calendar management and report submission.
- Provide front desk support and assist with mailings and special projects as needed.
Characteristics and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Understanding of computer systems and databases; experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, proficient at project management and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; ability to work effectively within a team.
- Personable, positive team player ready to interact with team members and community members on a regular basis.
- Culturally competent and sensitive to the issues facing individuals of all backgrounds.
Health Insurance, paid time off, retirement savings, professional membership, association and continuing education, some flexibility in working hours.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This position also regularly interacts with donors, community members and patients. Most work hours take place in the office and/or out of the office utilizing technology to achieve goals, while interacting regularly with the entire Gateway to Hope staff.
Some light lifting and filing is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and technology.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a nonexempt position averaging 30-40 hours per week. Hours of work are primarily between 9:00AM and 4:00PM, Monday through Friday, with additional hours required during special events and mandatory attendance at all official Gateway to Hope events.
Gateway to Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Gateway to Hope believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.